vineri, 29 mai 2020

5th grade/Holiday fun/Present continuous


Hello, my dear 5th graders!
Today we will talk about Holiday and will learn about actions happening now.
Let's start 👀
Look at the picture! ⬇️Read the text!

Answer the questions related to our texts! !
Cheryl
1.Where is Cheryl having a great time?
She is having a great time in .......
2. Who is Cheryl writing to?
She is writing to......
3. When is she there?
She is there on........
4. What are the people doing?
The people are........
5. What are they doing in the park?
They are.....
6. What's the wearher like?
It's...........

Katy
1.Where is Katy?
She is in .................
2. What's the wearher like?
It's..............
3. Who is she having a great time with?
She is having a great time with.......
4.What are the people doing?
The people are........
5. What are they eating?
They are eating.....
6.What is the symbol of Winter?

We are talking about Katy and Cheryl's present activities!
WHAT ARE THEY DOING NOW?
They are having a great time.
are having➡️ to be+Ving
The verb to be (lenni ige)
Singular
I. I am
II. You are
III. He/She/It is

Plural
I. We are
II. You are
III. They are

PRESENT CONTINUOUS
Use:  for actions happening now
Time expressions: now, at the moment, today
FORM:
(+) affirmative      S+to be+Ving
I am learning now.
My mother is cooking at the moment.
They are travelling today.
(-) negative           S+to be+not+Ving
I am not learning now.
My mother is not (isn't) cooking at the moment.
They are not (aren't) travelling today.
(?) interrogative.  To be +S+ Ving?
Am I learning now?
Is my mother cooking at the moment?
Are they travelling today?

Watch the video and take notes!


ING ending/ Spelling rules

Focus on the spelling rules and do the next exercise!
Exercise 1
Exercise 2
Look at the pictures and match. Write the sentences in your notebook.

1.The boys
2.Martha
3.They
4.Ben
      a)is talking a bike ride.
      b) are having a barbecue.
      c) is going skiing.
      d) are playing football

Exercise 3
Form complete sentences. Use the present continuous. Write the sentences in your notebook.
1. Bob/have/a/great/time/now
Bob is having a great time now.
2. I/read/my/favourite/book/today
3. You/play/football/with /Mark/at the moment.
4. My parents/travel/to Bucharest/at the moment

Have a great weekend 🌄🌅🌞🌈

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu